[systemd-devel] systemd+dbus: system boot stops at terminal login screen sometimes

Chen Jie chenj at lemote.com
Mon Dec 19 17:38:24 PST 2011

Hi,

2011/12/20 Michal Schmidt <mschmidt at redhat.com>:
> Michal Schmidt wrote:
>> systemd at least partially defends itself from a hanging syslog
>> by setting SO_SNDTIMEO to 5 seconds. Maybe even that is too much and
>> we could just make the socket completely non-blocking and just
>> fallback to kmsg when we get EAGAIN.
>>
>> I believe there is a way to connect and register to DBus fully
>> asynchronously too. I'm looking into this.
>
> It's now implemented in git. Please give it a try.
Thank you for the work.

Just as the commit message mentioned --
"dbus_connection_open_private() itself is still synchronous", I did
find some dbus_connection_open_private() failures in my debugging
before(though at a very low occurrence rate). -- that's why I chose
the thread way.

Also, the shutdown_connection() may block in theory, since it invokes
dbus_connection_flush()

Regards,
-- Chen Jie