[systemd-devel] systemd /home timeouts

Kay Sievers kay.sievers at vrfy.org
Mon Dec 26 08:20:07 PST 2011

On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 09:44, Sipos Ferenc <ferenc.sipos.hu at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have the following disk setup:
> ocz revodrive ssd raid0 (handled by dmraid)
> two wd hdd raid0 (handled by mdadm)
> The ssd has /, /home, /boot, swap
> The hdd has /var and /tarolo (it's my extended home)
>
> I'm using arch linux stable, with latest systemd-git (12.25), and during boot,
> I'm dropped to emergency shell with systemd. I attach the systemd debug,
> dmraid.service is not needed, because it's in initramfs. Also you can find the
> home.mount status before and after manually mounted (systemctl restart
> home.mount), and my fstab file. With sysinit, the system boots fine.

Systemd upstream does not and can not properly support dmraid or md
setup natively. These tools do not fit properly in the full hotplug
model of systemd.

The setup of these 'fake block devices' is all done by more or less
dirty hacks provided by the distributions, and all these hacks look
pretty different in every distribution. I expect only a
distribution-specific list can help you here, systemd itself is not
really involved here.

Kay