[systemd-devel] several Conditions (AND or OR)

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue Feb 8 02:56:26 PST 2011

On Tue, 08.02.11 13:47, Alexey Shabalin (a.shabalin at gmail.com) wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 12:21 PM, Lennart Poettering  wrote:
> > On Mon, 07.02.11 14:24, Alexey Shabalin wrote:
> >> How chenge (Condition1 || Condition2)  to (Condition1 && Condition2)
> > I'd very much prefer not having to extend the condition language to more
> > than what it currently covers. So, before we think about this more, I'd
> > like to hear a very good use case for this. Your example doesn't really
> > convince me, and I'd suggest a different fix (see above) instead.
>
> Ok. Let's look at fedora-storage-init.service and
> ExecStart=/lib/systemd/fedora-storage-init from initscripts in Fedora,
> for example.
> We see in fedora-storage-init

The fedora specific scripts are not particularly great examples how we
really should be doing things. They are mostly there as a result of the
rc.sysinit split up and because we didn't deem them good enough to
be included in the stuff we ship with systemd upstream.

Sooner or later the mpath stuff is probably going to be pulled in via
udev, too. In fact we already have discussed this a couple of times with
its maintainer. So here too my reply would be: a different fix is better
;-)...

> if ! strstr "$cmdline" nompath && [ -f /etc/multipath.conf ] && \
>                 [ -x /sbin/multipath ]; then
>         modprobe dm-multipath > /dev/null 2>&1

Grmpf. I don't really like this modprobe line, this should be made
auto-loadable, so that the kernel APi can just be used and if it isn't
there it will be loaded. Explicit invocations of modprobe are usually an
indication that something needs to be fixed.

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.