[systemd-devel] dbus interface for disabling default cgroups

Daniel Poelzleithner poelzi at poelzi.org
Thu Feb 10 03:44:12 PST 2011

Hi,

I just released ulatencyd[1] 0.4.5 which now works nicely under systemd
under two conditions:

* DefaultControllers should be unset
* pam_systemd should also get an empty controllers=.

systemd seems currently not to have a dbus interface which allows to
change the DefaultControllers, so I suggest something like this

org.freedesktop.systemd1.Manager.ChangeController(string subsystem,
boolean enable, boolean clear)

- subsystem is the subsystem name.
- enable allows to enable/disable the subsystem. So a daemon that exits
can give back the control to systemd.
- clear causes the tree to be flushed to empty state.

about the pam_systemd, I'm not so sure, i guess it will need adjustment
as it is not, and should not talk to dbus or so. Maybe it could read a
file like /var/run/systemd/pam_disabled_controllers which simply could
be changed by the started daemon, and should be cleanup on exit.

What do you think ?

PS:
service file is not in the current release, will be the next and is here:
https://github.com/poelzi/ulatencyd/blob/master/conf/ulatencyd.service

kind regards
 Daniel