[systemd-devel] Reiserfs fsck and progress bar

Andrey Borzenkov arvidjaar at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 01:17:17 PST 2011

Last week I unintentionally simulated crash by doing "reboot -f". So I
had chance to enjoy home which is in reiserfs to be checked.

The problem is that nice progress bar is intermixed with messages
"replaying transaction XXX", which makes nice progress bar not that
nice really.

I am not sure whether those messages come from fsck itself or from
kernel. In any case it is something that needs be fixed.

What I am also not sure about - how this progress bar game is going to
fit into asynchronous units startup anyway? While one file system is
being checked, something else may well be started in background, so it
will intermix with bar, or?

P.S. I really expected reboot -f to at least sync file systems. That
is what other Unixes do at least :)