[systemd-devel] Yet another crash when D-Bus goes away

Andrey Borzenkov arvidjaar at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 02:19:19 PST 2011

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 3:14 AM, Dan Williams <dcbw at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-02-20 at 16:10 +0300, Andrey Borzenkov wrote:
>> I get this every time on shutdown under systemd. NM debug stack trace
>> attached. Version is 0.8.2 + 2ce6f2 + 975133.
>
> You also want:
>
> 6068ae49a21ed329611a5ddcde63c2e97b3a3aac

Yep.

To comment on commit log question:

    I'm not entirely sure why we hit this only at shutdown with
    systemd; it could be that systemd is killing the bus daemon at
    the same time as we're running the dispatcher and that's why the
    GetNameOwner call doesn't complete.

This happens, because in current systemd design there is no stop
dependency between dbus.service and any service that requires D-Bus.
So D-Bus is stopped as soon as possible, leaving all dependent
services orphan.

Nor is there any start dependency :) But this is emulated by autospawn
on dbus.socket access.