[systemd-devel] Mounting /dev/pts

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 16:01:27 PST 2011

2011/1/4 Lennart Poettering <lennart at poettering.net>:
> On Tue, 04.01.11 00:24, Wulf C. Krueger (philantrop at exherbo.org) wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> currently, /dev/pts is mounted without the usual options by systemd.
>
> Normally, additional parameters listed in /etc/fstab should be applied
> on boot with remount-api-vfs.service unit. However, there seems to be a
> bug right now and this is not done properly.

On Debian and Ubuntu /dev/pts is mounted with noexec,nosuid,gid=tty,mode=0620.

In Debian it is done via the mountdevsubfs sysv init script, in Ubuntu
it is done by mountall.
On both systems /dev/pts is *not* defined in /etc/fstab.

I guess Wulf's point isn't, that options in /etc/fstab are not applied
but rather that systemd should mount /dev/pts with those options.

Cheers,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?