[systemd-devel] autofs and hugetlbfs on ARM

Kok, Auke-jan H auke-jan.h.kok at intel.com
Fri Jul 1 17:16:58 PDT 2011

On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 4:23 PM, Lennart Poettering
<lennart at poettering.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 01.07.11 16:06, Kok, Auke-jan H (auke-jan.h.kok at intel.com) wrote:
>

>> On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 3:50 PM, Lennart Poettering
>> <lennart at poettering.net> wrote:

>> > We probably shouldn't install those mount and automount units at all on
>> > ARM. Would be happy to take a patch that ifdefs this out with automake
>> > conditions on the archs that don't support this.
>>
>> We don't have it enabled in MeeGo... not even for x86.
>
> Do have just the file system disabled or hugepage support at all?
>
> If you disabled just the fs, did you do that because it is an obsolete
> interface? Or simply because it is primarily relevant for huge databases
> and people presumably don't run those on Meego? ;-)

We don't even have HIGHMEM enabled, again not even for x86. HUGEPAGEs
(transparent) are actually enabled, but I'm not entirely sure if we do
have users for them in reality(although I could see we would), I can
poke my friendly meego kernel maintainer if you'd really want to know
;)

The biggest database we have on MeeGo installs is the rpm database....
Does that answer that part?

Auke