[systemd-devel] Environment for prefdm.service

David Michael fedora.dm0 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 06:58:03 PDT 2011

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 5:31 PM, Lennart Poettering
<lennart at poettering.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 05.07.11 12:50, David Michael (fedora.dm0 at gmail.com) wrote:
>
> Well, systemd executes all services in completely cleaned up context,
> with no inherited environment or anything like that. That basically
> means that usually ther are no env vars but PATH and LANG set.

  This was the issue.  Looking further, I found some shared
environment code was being initialized and aborting if it couldn't
read HOME.  It wasn't needed in this particular program anyway, so I
patched it, and prefdm.service starts properly now.

  Thanks.

David