[systemd-devel] [ANNOUNCE] systemd v30

Stef Bon stefbon at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 02:00:43 PDT 2011

Hi,

what I've read is great, about session support and multiseat. In my
opinion the managment of seats and sessions always could be much
better, and your work looks good.

Futher it's smart to assign a usb hub to a certain seat and let all
devices connected be part of the same seat. In practice this is how it
goes, just plugin a usb hub and connect all the devices (keyboard,
mouse..) for the new seat to it.

I haven't had time to do much about me writing about systemd in
CBLFS/BLFS. I'm busy for a presentation I will give this in Antwerp:

http://we.voidwarranties.be/index.php/VoidCon2011

and been very busy for, as well as writing a new fuse fs basefs, which
is a FUSE test fs to decode audio files on the fly.

If you need a FUSE fs for your construction, I would like to do that,
it's sort of my area.
And for a construction I'm working on, a FUSE layer around the normal
Linux system, something like GoboLinux I need a scheduler. Now I'm
using at, which some enhancements, see:

http://linux.bononline.nl/wiki/index.php/At_extension_scripts

This does what is needed for my construction, and has features like
scripts/program's which can reschedule themselves. Like a rotatelog
files script, and it's running every day once. This is ok, but then
somehow there appears much more logging, causing the logsize get much
much bigger, the script decides it has to run much more frequent, say
twice a day.
This "dynamic" behaviour I haven't seen before.

At this moment this is complicated, using cron/fcron. With the "at
extension script" this is easy. I'm thinking about writing a new prog,
using polkit and the newest techniques like epoll, inotify and
timerfd. Something also interesting for systemd?

Stef