[systemd-devel] Howto run script at begin and end of session: sessionsupport?

Stef Bon stefbon at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 14:55:50 PDT 2011

2011/7/15 Lennart Poettering <lennart at poettering.net>:
> On Fri, 15.07.11 08:24, Stef Bon (stefbon at gmail.com) wrote:
>

>> /etc/ConsoleKit/run-session.d
>
> We currently don't support this in systemd, and right now I see no good
> usecase that might convince us to add that.
>
> Can you elaborate what you are planning to do with it? If you have a
> good usecase we might add this.

Well what I want to do is to create a layer around the normal
filesystem, using a FUSE fs. Maybe you've read earlier about this,
I've send a proposal about this to the meeting in Berlin
Guadec/Akademy.

The FUSE fs and several make the system for the user look like:

/Computer
/Internet Services
/Network
/Mounts
/Shared
/System

To make this work several scripts are run at the begin of a session
(and to clean when session stops)

Roughly it comes to:

1. determine settings
2. if settings say so:
2a. setup environment in /var/lib/workspace/%USER/chroot by mounting
FUSE fs fuse-workspace and remounting the normal system to it.
2b do a chroot using pam_chroot

Now I see that the chroot is deprecated, namespaces are better. I'm
not familiar with it, and reading about it now.

But what I want is to run some scripts when a session starts (and when
it ends) to run a "determine settings" and create a "namespace".

I've looked to pam_namespace, but I need more.

Stef