[systemd-devel] systemd .device units timing out

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue Jun 14 08:17:52 PDT 2011

On Mon, 06.06.11 16:01, Avi Kivity (avi at redhat.com) wrote:

> I have a system which was upgraded to F15 and thus systemd.  During
> the boot process it times out starting various .device units, like
> sda1.device.  If I let it alone it will boot in about a week or so,
> but meanwhile it is unusable.  I am able to start it up using
> emergency.target and various hacks, but it won't boot cleanly.
>
> Any hints?

Hmm, systemd only sees devices properly marked in udev with the systemd
tag. It would be interesting to find out if the block devices are
properly marked in the udev db.

Can you paste the output of "udevadm info -qall -p
/sys/class/block/sda1" after this happened? This should tell us what
data might be missing in the db.

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.