[systemd-devel] [RFC] systemd syslogd

William Douglas william.r.douglas at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 22:35:09 PDT 2011

In attempt to try and get systemd to take over all functionality,
I have implemented a pretty meager syslog daemon into systemd.

This patch has a number of kludges around it but has been steadily
improving to the point where I'd like feedback on improvements to
the design.

There are definitely bugs in this code though it has been through
testing but I have been making pretty big changes often enough
that I expect problems if some of you try to use it.

Also note this patch requires two previous patches I submitted
(http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.sysutils.systemd.devel/2606 and
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.sysutils.systemd.devel/2589)
to the list but are not in yet.

Thanks all!