[systemd-devel] systemd-analyze plot

David.Yates at continental-corporation.com David.Yates at continental-corporation.com
Wed Jun 22 05:25:00 PDT 2011

Hi All,

I am currently in the process of analyzing and optimizing a systemd
startup in an Embedded project and wondered if someone could tell me what
is being performed in the time between 0 and 1 that I see in my plot.svg
files produced using systemd-analyze plot.

Additionally, assuming that this is systemd overhead (dependency
creation/module loading) does anyone know of ways to reduce this overhead.
I know it is only 1 second but we are always fighting for every 100ms for
safety critical applications needed in the early startup phase :-)

Thanks

David Yates

Software Architect System Software

I IC RD G SW SSW SA / CoC System Software
Continental Automotive GmbH
Interior Infotainment & Connectivity
Philipsstrasse 1, 35576 Wetzlar, Germany

Telefon/Phone: +49 6441 370-8289