[systemd-devel] RFC: creating a set of systemd RPM macros across distributions ?

Frederic Crozat fcrozat at suse.com
Mon Jun 27 05:34:14 PDT 2011

Le lundi 27 juin 2011 à 14:24 +0200, Lennart Poettering a écrit :
> On Fri, 24.06.11 15:08, Frederic Crozat (fcrozat at suse.com) wrote:
>
> Heya,
>
> Sounds good! A few comments:
>
> > %service_add()
> > if [ "$1" -eq 1 ] ; then
> > # Initial installation
> > /bin/systemctl daemon-reload >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
> > fi
> >
> > %service_add_enabled()
> > if [ "$1" -eq 1 ] ; then
> > # Initial installation
> > /bin/systemctl enable %{1}.service >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
> > fi
>
> I'd strongly advise against this. Units might install more than one
> service, and other units instead of services (example: sshd might just
> enable a socket by default, but not a service). Hence we should not
> appaned .service but leave it to the package to specifiy the full name
> and we also need to make sure packagers can specify multiple unit files
> at once.

This question was also spotted on opensuse-packaging and we thought it
should be discussed here :)

So, usage would become :

%post
%service_add ssh.socket

%post
%service_add_enabled foobar.service

?

> Bill, what's your take on this? For some reason we solve very little
> with macros like this on Fedora. Not sure why. Should I push for
> including macros like this in rpm, or in the systemd packages?

If we could get some skeleton directly in "upstream" rpm, that would be
awesome ;)

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat at suse.com>
SUSE