[systemd-devel] Can't enable or start a new service

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon Jun 27 09:15:54 PDT 2011

On Mon, 27.06.11 16:19, Sérgio Basto (sergio at serjux.com) wrote:

heya,

> On Tue, 2011-06-21 at 18:37 +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:

> > > but I want install it , how I do know what should install ?
> >
> > But why would you want that?
>
> why I want install services that depend on others service ? , to put
> computer work correctly .

Again, this has nothing to do with whether your machine works
correctly. This is used primarily to order services in a very weak way:
if both services exist order them against each other, if not, then
don't.

So really, there is nothing to fix. To make that clear we hide the
services unless you pass --all. Let me emphasize this: This is no
breakage here, and there is nothing to fix.

> > (If you really do, you can always do something like "yum install
> > /usr/lib/systemd/system/foobar.service" and yum will do the right thing,
> > but again, that's really unnecessary.)
>
> /lib/systemd/system/hal.service, doesn't exist in fedora repos

Some LSB init script properly misspelled "hald" as "hal".

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.