[systemd-devel] Error: inappropriate ioctl stty standard input

Stef Bon stefbon at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 11:43:45 PDT 2011

2011/6/27 Lennart Poettering <lennart at poettering.net>:
> On Sat, 25.06.11 21:57, Stef Bon (stefbon at gmail.com) wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've been able to make my shiny new LFS system boot using systemd, but
>> still with errors. When the tty's are activated,
>> Iget the message:
>>
>>  stty: standard input: Inappropriate ioctl for device
>
> This usually indicates that your standard input in this shell is not
> actually a tty, but some other kind of fd. By doing "readlink
> /proc/self/fd/0" you might be able to find out what your stdin is
> connected to.

Well,
Ive been playing around with the kernel, I guess I had not selected
the right options.

I'm able to login after 6 seconds, in my Shutle Barebone, on a normal
SATA harddisk.

BUt still, after all the logmessages, there does not seem to happen
anything, but when I do a newline, there appears the login. When I do
something else, like a character and then enter, the password prompt
appears.

So the login is present, but not visible. I already see that the login
appears, but that is overwritten by messages about bringing up tty and
the network, which is a rc.d script.

I thought it wat the getty prorgram, I've already swiched to mingetty,
which by default clears the screen, but that did not help. I've also
been playing around with logtarget=syslog, or console or null, it does
not change.

Stef