[systemd-devel] /usr on separate file system

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Thu Mar 3 14:02:00 PST 2011

On Thu, Mar 03, 2011 at 09:51:52PM +0100, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> Why? systemd just warns you. systemd itself works fine with sperate
> /usr. It's just a statement on the general ecosystem, a statement of
> fact on the status quo.
>
> systemd is just the messenger. Don't shoot the messenger.

If systemd works fine and you'll continue to commit to making it not be part
of the problem, I don't see why it *should* be the messenger. There's plenty
of ways in which I can seriously misconfigure my system that I don't expect
systemd to warn me about. Basically all you are doing is asking for people
to yell at you. :)