[systemd-devel] systemd fails to boot OLPC XO-1.5

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Sat May 7 13:13:34 PDT 2011

Hi,

Just built a Fedora rawhide-based image for the XO-1.5 laptop,
including systemd v26.

This is not "pure Fedora", it doesn't use the comps system/base
groups, so may be missing important things. No plymouth or selinux,
for example. We also use a custom kernel instead of Fedora's. So
perhaps I'm asking for trouble from the start.

Either way, the system doesn't boot. It gets to the point where it
starts udev (with various error messages along the way) and from that
point things move very slowly, error by error.

I captured full logs over serial console, you can view them here:
http://dev.laptop.org/~dsd/20110507/systemd-boot.txt

Is there anything obviously wrong with this setup? Where would you
start on debugging this, and how? Happy to dive into the code.

Thanks,
Daniel