[systemd-devel] systemd fails to boot OLPC XO-1.5

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Sat May 7 15:43:23 PDT 2011

On 7 May 2011 23:30, Kay Sievers <kay.sievers at vrfy.org> wrote:
> You need capabilities in your kernel, or comment its use out, in the
> service file.

I think I have capabilities in my kernel: CONFIG_SECURITY=y which
means security/capability.c gets compiled in. Were you thinking of
something else?

Commenting out CapabilityBoundingSet from systemd-kmsg-syslogd.service
does fix the issue and allow boot to continue. Thanks!

Is this a systemd bug (maybe it should ignore CapabilityBoundingSet
lines when capabilities aren't available?) or do I need to decide
between hacking systemd unit files or going with this requirement?

Daniel