[systemd-devel] minimal-uclibc: systemd fails with `src/manager.c:257:42: error: 'EPOLL_CLOEXEC' undeclared (first use in this function)`

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Tue May 10 14:11:21 PDT 2011

Dear OE folks,

task compile of `systemd_git.bb` fails with the following error message
using `minimal-uclibc` for `MACHINE = "beagleboard"`. Using `minimal`,
i. e. EGLIBC, works.

        […]
        |   CC     src/libsystemd_core_la-manager.lo
        | src/manager.c: In function 'manager_new':
        | src/manager.c:257:9: warning: implicit declaration of function 'epoll_create1' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
        | src/manager.c:257:42: error: 'EPOLL_CLOEXEC' undeclared (first use in this function)
        | src/manager.c:257:42: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
        | src/manager.c: In function 'manager_process_notify_fd':
        | src/manager.c:1956:25: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type [-Wcast-align]
        […]

`manager.c` includes

        #include <sys/epoll.h>
        #include <fcntl.h>

which I read should contain that definition. But looking at `fcntl.h` I
could not find it. I then looked in

        ./minimal-uclibc-dev/sysroots/armv7a-oe-linux-uclibceabi/usr/include/sys/epoll.h

where it is defined for EGLIBC but not for uClibc. I also found the
patch for uClibc [1] but there `EPOLL_CLOEXEC` is enclosed in `#if 0`.

I am no uClibc expert, but do you know if uClibc will provide
`EPOLL_CLOEXEC` in the near future? How should systemd fix that?

Please find attached a patch updating systemd to a newer including a
commit fixing another problem with systemd and uClibc.

Thanks,

Paul

[1] http://lists.uclibc.org/pipermail/uclibc-cvs/2011-March/028879.html