[systemd-devel] Problems with rootfs over nfs

Mariusz Bialonczyk manio at skyboo.net
Sun May 15 09:03:21 PDT 2011

Hi and thank you for respond

On 05/15/2011 04:16 PM, Kay Sievers wrote:
> What's in fstab for /? Maybe just that needs a fix for mount(8) to
> understand what we do here.
I have the following line for rootfs in fstab:
/dev/nfs        /               nfs     defaults        0       0

> Just a first quick check of an issue we ran into with ATA disks:
> what's in /proc/sys/kernel/hotplug before you shut down? Or what's
> CONFIG_UEVENT_HELPER in your kernel setup, it must be ="" on modern
> systems, otherwise the kernel will they to exec() binaries all the
> time and keep the system's rootfs busy.
$ cat /proc/sys/kernel/hotplug
/sbin/hotplug
$ cat /usr/src/linux/.config|grep UEVENT
CONFIG_UEVENT_HELPER_PATH="/sbin/hotplug"

if it's matter - i don't have any disk - it's diskless host

regards,
--
Mariusz Białończyk
jabber/e-mail: manio at skyboo.net