[systemd-devel] udev took too long to start

fykcee1 at gmail.com fykcee1 at gmail.com
Wed May 18 02:54:48 PDT 2011

Hi,

udev.service doesn't include 'settle' action, it is simplely because
udev starting/adding spends some time.

Many services depends on udev directly or indirectly, so the boot
process is serialized when udev starting.

Currently, systemd is deeply integrated with udev, it was not easy to
"First do coldplug stage which is not using udev, and then do hotplug
later through udev".

2011/5/18 microcai <microcai at fedoraproject.org>

> OK, here is my problem:
>

> udev and systemd are from systemd overlay.
>
> udev is udev-168-r1
> systemd is systemd-26
>
> All compiled with CFLAGS="-Os -march=native"
>
> systemd-analyze plot have problem generationg SVG file, so I change the
> code to make a PDF.
>

> Will anyone please lookat my boot analyze PDF?
>
> Why udev took so long to settle down ?!
>
> Thanks.

Regards,
- cee1