[systemd-devel] udev took too long to start

Kay Sievers kay.sievers at vrfy.org
Wed May 18 05:36:21 PDT 2011

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 14:18, Chen Jie <chenj at lemote.com> wrote:
> 2011/5/18 Kay Sievers <kay.sievers at vrfy.org>:

>> udev.service does usually takes no time. It's the settle that may
>> block for a longer time. In your chart it seems like a side-effect,
>> and the root-fsck seems suspicious. any idea what could take so long
>> here? Care to try without it?
> Just like you said in my test, see boot1.svg vs boot2.svg(touch
> "/fastboot" to skip fsck), under systemd v24.

Yeah, much better. What's the reason it takes so long to fsck?

> BTW, In my test platform, udev.service will take ~1s even when fsck
> skipped, seems a bit long.

Yeah, seems long, but may happen with a slow disk. What kind of box,
or rootfs type is that?

Care to provide the full output of:
  time udevadm test /class/block/sda1
?

And what's hdparm.service that takes that long? It sounds wrong to
ever fiddle around with disks that way these days.

Kay