[systemd-devel] udev took too long to start

Canek Peláez Valdés caneko at gmail.com
Wed May 18 06:59:31 PDT 2011

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 5:14 AM, microcai <microcai at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
[...]
> I'm not saying to rip-out udev, but speed up the udev.

It's probably not udev fault, but a udev rule in Gentoo (I suppose you
use Gentoo, you mentioned an overlay) that calls an OpenRC script.
That slows down the whole boot for whole minutes sometimes.

Usual suspects are bluez and NetworkManager (although I think the
later was patched in the systemd overlay). A quick test consist on
renaming /etc/init.d to any other name, and try booting that way. If
it's considerable faster, then some udev rule is calling an OpenRC
script.

Regards.
--
Canek Peláez Valdés