[systemd-devel] Problems with setting up systemd

Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri barbieri at profusion.mobi
Fri May 20 06:37:42 PDT 2011

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 9:36 AM, Maciej Piechotka <uzytkownik2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-05-20 at 14:22 +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:
>> On Fri, 20.05.11 12:56, Maciej Piechotka (uzytkownik2 at gmail.com) wrote:
>>
>> > # systemctl enable hwclock-load.service
>> > Cannot link /lib64/systemd/system/hwclock-load.service
>> > to /etc/systemd/system/sysinit.target.wants/hwclock-load.service,
>> > symlink exists already and points
>> > to /lib/systemd/system/hwclock-load.service.
>> >
>> > In OpenRC scripts the flag --utc is used. I'll try to add it manually.
>>
>> Don't!
>>
>> The right place to configure UTC/LOCAL RTC is in /etc/adjtime, third
>> line. See man page of hwclock.
>>

> Ok - I won't. The file is:
>
> 0.000000 1305883630 0.000000
> 1305883630
> UTC

I guess every Gentoo user that moved to systemd noticed that problem.
I recall fixing it with my machine and with a friends machine, and
seems that everytime you boot into openrc it will screw again.

The problem, from memory as it was long ago and I kept no logs, is
that openrc did weird hacks to set the time. If you go manually and
use "date" and "hwclock" you can fix it and while you keep booting
into systemd it will continue to work.

Also, make sure you have RTC and CMOS compiled in (built-in, not
modules!) in your kernel.
CONFIG_RTC_LIB=y
CONFIG_RTC_CLASS=y
CONFIG_RTC_HCTOSYS=y