[systemd-devel] A problem with reboot and halt.

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue Nov 1 05:59:46 PDT 2011

On Fri, 28.10.11 14:47, Badiu Mircea Gabriel (mircea.badiu at windriver.com) wrote:

> Hello,

Heya,

> reboot.service
> [Unit]
> Description=Reboot
> DefaultDependencies=no
> Requires=shutdown.target umount.target final.target
> After=shutdown.target umount.target final.target
>
> [Service]
> Type=oneshot
> ExecStart=//bin/systemctl --force reboot
>
> halt.service
> [Unit]
> Description=Halt
> DefaultDependencies=no
> Requires=shutdown.target umount.target final.target
> After=shutdown.target umount.target final.target
>
> [Service]
> Type=oneshot
> ExecStart=//bin/systemctl --force halt
>
> The option reboot --force works but I need reboot and halt to work properly.

Please boot with "systemd.log_level=debug" and "systemd.log_target=kmsg"
on the kernel cmdline. Then shutdown, and have a look on the full logs
generated in kmsg on shutdown. This should give you a hint on where
things hang. If necessary post them somewhere and link it here.

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.