[systemd-devel] Systemd flapping detection

tsuraan tsuraan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 18:02:36 PDT 2011

> RestartSec allows you to set the time waited before restarting so that
> you can avoid systemd needing to restart the service too often before
> it starts successfully.

Is there a cooldown period that I need to exceed to prevent systemd
from giving up?  Assuming it takes 5 failures (however that's defined)
before it gives up, and I have a RestartSec of 15s, then it will be
1.5min before it would give up.  Is that going to be long enough that
it will keep trying a sixth time, or is it just not possible to have
it keep trying forever?