[systemd-devel] FW: pthread_create() fails SysV in myDaemon on boot

Michal Schmidt mschmidt at redhat.com
Fri Nov 4 04:19:50 PDT 2011

On Thu, 03 Nov 2011 12:41:05 -0400 Michael D. Berger wrote:
> However, in starting a TCP listener socket, from
> "bind(...)" I now get EADDRNOTAVAIL which is
> explained in "man 2 bind", so I am still not
> operational.

Do you use NetworkManager? The network interface may not be up yet when
your service starts. Does enabling NetworkManager-wait-online.service
help?

Have you considered using the IP_FREEBIND socket option to avoid the
need for ordering your service after network.target? See:
http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/online/pages/man7/ip.7.html

Michal