[systemd-devel] After httpd.service

Mirco Tischler mt-ml at gmx.de
Sat Nov 5 19:12:24 PDT 2011

2011/11/6 Michael D. Berger <m.d.berger at ieee.org>:
> In my F15_64, in myUpperDaemon.service, I need the
> dependency specified by:
>
> After httpd.service
>
> but there is no httpd.service .  After looking at
> /etc/init.d/httpd, I see no obvious reason why
> I shouldn't write a httpd.service .  But then, why is
> it not provided?  Would there be some problem I don't
> see? If so, how else could I obtain the required
> dependency?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike.
Systemd is compitable to SysV, so if theres an old style httpd init
script in /etc/init.d, it will create a httpd.service that calls this
script. So you can do the ordering without a native httpd.service
file. The reason why there isn't an httpd.service shipped with f15 was
that it wasn't ported yet. In f16 there are explicit service files for
httpd, so if you want to use native systemd service files I suggest
you take a look at the ones shipped with f16.

Mirco