[systemd-devel] can not systemctl enable rc.local in final fc16

Michal Schmidt mschmidt at redhat.com
Mon Nov 14 03:37:40 PST 2011

On 11/14/2011 11:00 AM, Floydsmith at aol.com wrote:
> I can not systemctl enable rc.local.service in final fc16 - error is:
> Failed to issue method call: No such file or directory

The unit is called rc-local.service.

$ systemctl list-unit-files|grep rc-local
rc-local.service                            static

Notice the "static". It means you are not expected to enable/disable the
unit. If you try, you'll get:
$ sudo systemctl enable rc-local.service
Warning: unit files do not carry install information. No operation executed.

The unit is linked from
/lib/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/rc-local.service and it will
be started if /etc/rc.d/rc.local is executable.

Make sure you have the right shebang line in the script (e.g. #!/bin/sh)

Michal