[systemd-devel] openvpn: tap0 & br0 missing

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Nov 22 00:08:01 PST 2011

Am 22.11.2011 03:53, schrieb Michael D. Berger:
> A few questions:
>
>  In this line:
>   ExecStopPost=-/etc/init.d/openvpn-bridge stop Restart=always
>
>  Why do you have '-' after '=' ? I don't see the '-' in

to not fail if "/etc/init.d/openvpn-bridge" not exists and
so i can use the same systemd-unit on the server and on clients

>    man 5 systemd.service .
>  Why do you have "Restart=always" ?  The only time I would want it
>  to restart is if I issue a restart command.
>  Also, why is it on that line?

i want restarted my services ALWAYS if they are not running
after they was stared and NOT MANUALLY stopped (crash, dumb killall...)

>  BTW, my line will be more like:
>    ExecStopPost=-/etc/openvpn/bridge-stop
>  This is a simple script based on a template supplied by
>  openvpn with no SysV complexity.

i have mine in use since a longer time and it was sysv
to make sure it is started before openvpn himself