[systemd-devel] RefuseEnable

Michael D. Berger m.d.berger at ieee.org
Mon Nov 28 10:14:27 PST 2011

If I understand correctly, "systemctl enable myDaemon", sets
up a soft link which results in myDaemon starting
automatically on boot.  I want to block "systemctl enable
myDaemon".  Blocking "disable" is less important, especially
if "enable" is blocked.  I applied suggestion 1) above, and got
the result I wanted.

The reason for this is that several daemons do not start
correctly on boot on my F16_64.  These include httpd and ntpd.
ntpd problem is newly discovered.  For a long time, I have had
a daemon I wrote that periodically monitors a list of things
with ps, and starts them if they are not running.  I now use
that for daemons I would like automatically started but do
not start correctly on boot.  I think it best if these problem
daemons do not try to start on boot.  My new system appears to
be functioning well now.

Mike.
--
Michael D. Berger