[systemd-devel] FW: F16_64: attempt at OpenVPN server service file

Michael D. Berger m.d.berger at ieee.org
Mon Nov 28 11:14:15 PST 2011

I resend some of this because I think it is inportant,
and for some reason it didn't make it to the list.

> > The change shown is not bad, but I might say something like
> "... other
> > than the Stop command being issued..."
> There are other reasons why a unit can be stopped: if the unit
> Requires a second unit that was stopped, if isolate is requested, and
> so on. For me, "a Stop command being issued"
> seems to take into account only the case of this specific unit being
> stopped.
>
> Zbyszek

[...]

Excellent point.  I might then condider something like:

 The circumsiances in which the restart process would be initiated are:
   * program failure of the unit
   * killall issued on the unit
   * killall issued on another unit that this unit Requires (? I am
guessing)
   * etc., make the list complete

 The circumsiances in which the restart process would NOT be initiated are:
   * The Stop commnd is issued to the unit
   * The Stop command is issued to another unit that this unit Requires
   * etc., make the list complete

I find bullet lists easy to read quickly, but other formats are acceptable
***provided the information given is clear and complete***.
In my long experience as a reader of numerous man pages, often too much is
left to trial and error.

Mike.