[systemd-devel] [Netatalk-admins] Restart=always and "ExecStartPre" (netatalk)

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Wed Oct 5 03:32:00 PDT 2011

Am 05.10.2011 12:13, schrieb HAT:
>> well but this is mostly solveable with
>>
>> /lib/systemd/system/netatalk-afpd.service
>> /lib/systemd/system/netatalk-cnid.service
>> /lib/systemd/system/netatalk-atalk.service
>>
>>> If using AppleTalk, afpd must wait for starting atalkd.
>>> If not use AppleTalk afpd must not wait for starting atalkd
>>
>> Define "After=netatalk-cnid.service netatalk-atalk.service"
>> for "netatalk-afpd.service", this is not a hard requirement
>> and would provide the right order IF "atalk" is active
>
> In case of this difinition, afpd is not started if atalkd does not exist.
> Is my guess wrong?

no - it means only IF this service started then "netatalk-afpd.service"
ist started AFTER them, but even if "netatalk-atalk.service" does not
exist will not make any troubles, this is only ordering and not
dependencies (Deps would be Requires= and should be used very careful)

http://0pointer.de/public/systemd-man/systemd.unit.html

the cool thing at this is that you can define Before/After in different
services and crontrol their ordering depending on what of them are
active/installed without take care if they are really here but say
"IF they are here it does matter that B starts before A"

>> so for most of the things "Before=" and "After=" would be enough
>> and the configurations should be done via "EnvironmentFile" and
>> /etc/systemconfig-Files for settings this variables
>
> "EnvironmentFile" does not appear in systemd.service(5).
> What is /etc/systemconfig-Files?
> What document should I read?

http://0pointer.de/public/systemd-man/systemd.exec.html

take a look at the directory-listing
http://0pointer.de/public/systemd-man/

there are a lot of manuals but the most relevant in my opinion are
http://0pointer.de/public/systemd-man/systemd.unit.html
http://0pointer.de/public/systemd-man/systemd.service.html

--

Reindl Harald