[systemd-devel] starting/stopping network interfaces with systemd

Koen Kooi koen at beagleboard.org
Fri Oct 7 15:39:37 PDT 2011

Op 7 okt 2011, om 23:24 heeft Cliff Brake het volgende geschreven:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to customize systemd to start/stop network interfaces in an
> embedded system (OpenEmbedded/Angstrom).  Angstrom has some support
> for systemd and its working fairly well so far.  Are there any
> examples I can start with?  Basically, when a network device is
> installed (USB), I'd like to run "ifup eth0", etc.

There are a few options:

1) tag net devices with 'systemd' in a udev rule and have units act on
that
2) use connman
3) use networkmanager

Option 1 will allow you to keep /etc/network/interfaces, which is what
ifupdown uses. If you're a plain dhcp user, use connman, you can't
beat the speed of its builtin dhcp client.

regards,

Koen