[systemd-devel] [Netatalk-admins] Restart=always and "ExecStartPre" (netatalk)

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Wed Oct 12 07:29:11 PDT 2011

>>> http://0pointer.de/public/systemd-man/systemd.service.html
>>> http://0pointer.de/public/systemd-man/systemd.exec.html
>> Hmmm. It may be possible.
>> If you send more suitable afpd.service and cnid_metad.service to me,
>> I will try to write atalkd.service, papd.service and so on.
>>

>> Hi
>>
>> My problem is that i did not get "cnid_metad" started as a own
>> service, i tried Type=simple and Type=forked, it will be started
>> and somehow the process closed without any error
>>
>> seems like a bug in netatalk
>
> Guess not. According to
> <http://0pointer.de/public/systemd-man/systemd.service.html> it's
> Type=forking, not Type=forked.
> Of course cnid_metad daemonizes. Also I'd utilize PIDFile=...

was a typo in my last mail

i used the "type=" in my tests from copy&paste of working services
no idea why "cnid_metad" did not want to start via systemd

i will try this again next weekend and let you know my results
do you have any F15 machine / VM to analyze what happens
if i do not get it running?