[systemd-devel] Seeking Advice on debugging failure to reboot

Barry Scott barry.scott at onelan.com
Wed Oct 12 09:54:27 PDT 2011

On Wednesday 12 October 2011 16:42:38 Michal Schmidt wrote:
> On 10/12/2011 04:54 PM, Barry Scott wrote:
> > What dependency is supposed to cause the swapoff to be after the production
> > processes are stopped?
>
> The units' ordering should be something like this:
>
> *.swap Before swap.target Before sysinit.target Before basic.target
> Before production.service
>
> This ordering is used for startup. When shutting down, they should get
> stopped in the reverse order.

I think I see what the issue is.

My default target contains:

	Requires=basic.target
	After=basic.target

But it also contains lines like:

	Requires=start-signage.service
	After=start-signage.service

This means that start-signage can run in parallel with basic.target.

What I need to do is find all the "production" services and tell them
to run after basic.target. I'll work on that and see where I get.

Barry