[systemd-devel] systemd hangs on shutdown

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Thu Oct 13 12:02:48 PDT 2011

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 1:44 AM, Lennart Poettering
<lennart at poettering.net> wrote:
> So this is a the big issue here I believe. If you look at 87.293308
> you'll see that tmp.mount is suddenly mounted again for some reason,
> which systemd then takes as hint to get rid of
> poweroff.target/poweroff.service, since they conflict with that.
>
> It key to the mystery here is figuring out why systemd suddenly sees
> those mount points coming back. It would be good to figure out what the
> mount table is when that happens.

Thanks for looking carefully at this!

It looks like the problem is that we had /tmp mounted as tmpfs, then
mounted as tmpfs again on top. We've had this for a long time
(unintentionally), but it hadn't surfaced as an issue until now - we
didn't even realise.

After removing the duplicate mount setup so that /tmp is only mounted
once, the system shuts down.

Thanks,
Daniel