[systemd-devel] Linux kernel >=2.6.39 requirement?

Peeters Simon peeters.simon at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 03:30:27 PDT 2011

i know this is not a direct answer to your question but:

1: AFAIK does this not affect the systemd version currently packaged
by debian (which is IMHO way to old)

2: both wheezy and sid are running 3.0 and squeeze has 2.6.39 in
squeeze-backports so i don't know what the problem is. (and i am not
seeing why somebody would like to run systemd on lenny)

3: earlier on the mailing list i have read that it is something about
/sys/class/tty/tty0/active support (needed for logind)

4: on an up to date sid, 34 runs just fine (haven't got time to
compile 35 jet, my poor little atom needs some rest sometimes)

Simon