[systemd-devel] Reusing stdout-syslog-bridge under sshd

Albert Strasheim fullung at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 10:36:06 PDT 2011

Hello

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 7:11 PM, Albert Strasheim <fullung at gmail.com> wrote:
> Finally my question: is it possible for my custom shell to connect
> stderr of bar to stdout-syslog-bridge? Is this feasible, or was
> stdout-syslog-bridge designed to interact with systemd only?

Okay, wow, that was easy:

printf "syslog\n134\nbar\n1\n<134>VERY\nNICE\n" | strace -f socat
STDIN UNIX-CONNECT:/run/systemd/logger

My custom shell can open the UNIX socket to /run/systemd/logger, prime
the connection by setting up the facility, etc and then pass the
socket as stderr to the program being run.

Could this interface be made part of the sd-daemon API? :-)

Regards

Albert