[systemd-devel] converting a xinetd-service to systemd

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Thu Sep 8 13:39:18 PDT 2011

Greets, systemd-devs and -users,

maybe I ask a FAQ, pls be kind ...

I am rather new to systemd and figuring out how to use it w/ gentoo
linux. It is available within the gentoo-portage-package-system, yes.
Compiles etc.

But IMO it still needs some polishing there.

Aside from the distro-specific stuff I simply wonder how to "convert" a
xinetd-service to a systemd-service. Maybe I didn't find it, pls just
point me at any howto ...

In specific I look for how to convert my xinetd-service for the amanda
backup suite and I haven't yet found an example to copy from.

Thanks for any help with this issue,
Stefan