[systemd-devel] converting a xinetd-service to systemd

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Wed Sep 14 14:49:30 PDT 2011

Am 14.09.2011 23:36, schrieb Mirco Tischler:

>> Maybe the "Type" of the service is wrong?
> Easy to check: if you execute the command in a shell does amandad
> background itself? If yes type should be forking, else Type=simple
> (the default) is fine.

Don't know.

# su amanda
$ /usr/libexec/amanda/amandad -auth=bsdtcp amdump

just returns

ps doesn't show anything in the background.

http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Selfcheck_request_failed

says:

" ... running the specified amandad command by hand, as the Amanda user.
It should just time-out after 30 seconds waiting for a UDP packet."

It returns immediately, with or without options given (-auth=...).
I will have to check back with amanda-devs maybe.

Tried both "simple" and "forking", no progress.

> What you can try is to remove the "-" in front
> of the ExecStart command. systemd will then no longer ignore an exit
> status != 0 and will mark the services as failed. Maybe you can get
> more info about those services (exit status, listed PIDs,...)

Did remove that "-" already.
No new messages anywhere.

> One more thing to check: if you use a very recent version of systemd
> (afair v35 and up)  try adding StandardInput=socket and
> StandardOutput=socket to the service file.

nope, systemd-29-r2 here (latest in gentoo-portage)

Thanks, Stefan