[systemd-devel] systemd -> consolekit, spice-vdagent questions

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Fri Sep 16 05:17:42 PDT 2011

Hi,

On 15 September 2011 13:41, Matthias Clasen<matthias.clasen at gmail.com>  wrote:
> gdbus introspect --system --dest org.freedesktop.login1 --object-path
> /org/freedesktop/login1

Hmm that does not seem to offer either a method to get the active session,
nor a method to go from a pid (the pid of the other end of a unix socket
in my case) to the session that belongs too...

On 09/15/2011 04:28 PM, Richard Hughes wrote:

> FWIW, so gnome-settings-daemon could track the active console I added
> ConsoleKit support in an abstract way, on the logic that it could
> easily be switched to logind when the latter actually worked. If you
> want the code, it's in
> gnome-settings-daemon/gnome-settings-daemon/gnome-settings-session.[c|h]

Hmm, I cannot find this in gnome-settings-daemon-3.1.91, also it seems
that in F-16 consolekit is still around and functioning, so I guess I
can postpone fixing this till Fedora 17, at which time the logind
API will hopefully be better documented and have all the necessary
API calls (which going by the introspection results currently it
does not).

Regards,

Hans