[systemd-devel] systemd and mysql with large memory pages

Thomas Meyer thomas at m3y3r.de
Sat Sep 17 04:04:23 PDT 2011

Am Samstag, den 17.09.2011, 12:57 +0200 schrieb Reindl Harald:
hello harald,

> with sysv/lsb you could include the follwoing script via "source"
> and hughe TLB in mysqld worked like a charme
>
> [root at rh:~]$ cat /etc/my.memory.cnf
> # Large-Memory-Pages
> echo 200 > /proc/sys/vm/nr_hugepages
> echo 27 > /proc/sys/vm/hugetlb_shm_group
> echo 2097152 > /proc/sys/kernel/shmall

these are system wide config parameters and can be set via systemd.

see man page "sysctl.d"

> ulimit -l unlimited
> ulimit -n 30000

man systemd.exec says that these rlimits can be set in the unit:

       LimitCPU=, LimitFSIZE=, LimitDATA=, LimitSTACK=, LimitCORE=, LimitRSS=, LimitNOFILE=, LimitAS=,
       LimitNPROC=, LimitMEMLOCK=, LimitLOCKS=, LimitSIGPENDING=, LimitMSGQUEUE=, LimitNICE=,
       LimitRTPRIO=, LimitRTTIME=
           These settings control various resource limits for executed processes. See setrlimit(2) for
           details. Use the string infinity to configure no limit on a specific resource.