[systemd-devel] Failed to activate service 'org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit': timed out

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Sep 19 15:16:47 PDT 2011

Am 19.09.2011 23:02, schrieb Lennart Poettering:

On Sun, 18.09.11 18:20, Reindl Harald (h.reindl at thelounge.net) wrote:

> Sep 18 18:18:04 rh dbus-daemon: [system] Failed to activate service 'org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit': timed out
>
> this happens on all my machines upgraded to F15
>
> i think this is the reason why if i login to fast after boot in KDE
> the whole desktop sucks - but how to fix this problem?
Seems for some reason CK fails to show up on the bus. what does
"systemctl status console-kit-daemon.service" say after boot?

thank you for feedback
i will provide output directly after boot asap
this time the machine is busy with zero-free a 700 GB virtual disk....

after about half a minute it seems start running and if i wait there are
no login-troubles for the kde-session

maybe this has something todo with my plused-service (yes i need systemwide really
becasue one of the main-operations of the machine is running mpd/sound headless)
which fails multiple at the begin, seems also to start working about half a minute
after boot the machine and my After-definitions are as they are because in other
caes pulsed will try to start much sooner, fail also multiple and the whole
boot-process is waituing for it :-(

BTW: "systemctl stop pulsed.service" results in failed state (terminated with signal 1)

i would really love a working "pulseaudi-systemwide.rpm" for such cases
independent if it is designed for per-user-sessions because running mpd
as audioserver this way is the only solution to have music for all users
while other applications also having sound

[Unit]
Description=Pulseaudio Daemon
After=syslog.target local-fs.target rtkit-daemon.service udev.service dbus.service prefdm.service

[Service]
Type=forking
ExecStart=-/usr/bin/pulseaudio --daemonize=true --system=true --log-level=0 --log-target=stderr --disallow-module-loading=true --disallow-exit=true --exit-idle-time=0 --disable-shm=true --no-cpu-limit=false --use-pid-file=false --resample-method=src-sinc-best-quality
Restart=always
RestartSec=30
TimeoutSec=15
Nice=-10

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

[root at srv-rhsoft:~]$ systemctl status console-kit-daemon.service
console-kit-daemon.service - Console Manager
          Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/console-kit-daemon.service)
          Active: active (running) since Sat, 17 Sep 2011 15:44:08 +0200; 2 days ago
        Main PID: 1857 (console-kit-dae)
          CGroup: name=systemd:/system/console-kit-daemon.service
                  └ 1857 /usr/sbin/console-kit-daemon --no-daemon