No subject

Wed Apr 25 01:14:55 PDT 2012

means udev-settle.service is also statically configured as a dep).

Certainly that's what I've seen from:
  systemctl status fedora-storage-init.service

fedora-storage-init.service - Initialize storage subsystems (RAID, LVM,
etc.)
	  Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/fedora-storage-init.service; static)

See the word "static" there? That means it cannot be disabled.

This is because, the initscripts package contains:

/lib/systemd/system/local-fs.target.wants/fedora-storage-init-late.service
/lib/systemd/system/local-fs.target.wants/fedora-storage-init.service

i.e. the local-fs.tartget is statically configured to run these scripts.

Technically, you can trash those symlinks on your install, but they will
be replaced by next initscripts upgrade.

I guess the longer term goal is to make these dynamically
enabled/disabled as needed when the h/w suggests that's the setup (i.e.
inside /etc/ not /lib/), perhaps via a hint from dracut when it
generates it's hostonly initrd? (i.e. if LVM was detected on the host
when generating the initrd, then drop those symlinks into the /run tree?)

(NOTE: As a non fedora user I'm only taking this information from the
initscript git source repo that we also use here, so I could be a little
bit wrong)

HTHs

Col

--