[systemd-devel] systemd services handling

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Wed Apr 25 09:40:01 PDT 2012

Antonio Trande (anto.trande at gmail.com) said:
> $ systemctl status fedora-storage-init.service
> fedora-storage-init.service - Initialize storage subsystems (RAID, LVM,
> etc.)
>       Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/fedora-storage-init.service;
> static)
>       Active: active (exited) since Wed, 25 Apr 2012 11:36:30 +0200; 8min
> ago
>      Process: 436 ExecStart=/lib/systemd/fedora-storage-init (code=exited,
> status=0/SUCCESS)
>       CGroup: name=systemd:/system/fedora-storage-init.service
>
> Therefore, are these services (apparently useless) bonded indirectly to the
> local filesystem requests ?

They're used for LVM and the various things that go on top of LVM, for
filesystems that aren't brought up in the initramfs. Now, there could be a
dicussions of storage assembly daemons, incremental assembly, and the fun of
devicemapper and LVM in these contexts, but I'm not sure systemd-devel is
the proper place for them.

Bill