[systemd-devel] Not sure if I am doing something wrong or if this is a bug.

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Fri Aug 3 12:45:47 PDT 2012

On Mon, 30.07.12 17:13, Daniel J Walsh (dwalsh at redhat.com) wrote:

> In containers we are blocking systemd from creating containers.  If I try to
> run httpd within a container it asks for PrivateTmp and SELinux stops systemd
> from setting up the PrivateTmp.  In order to get around this, I decided to try
> to create a unit file based off of the httpd unit file.
>
>  cat /etc/systemd/system/sandbox.target.wants/httpd.service

Files in .wants/ directory should be symlinks (since they just are used
to express deps, not the actual services). Hence you want to place this
service file in /etc/systemd/system/httpd.service and then make
/etc/systemd/system/sandbox.target.wants/httpd.service a symlink to it.

And then use "systemctl daemon-reload" to actviate these changes. And
use "systemctl show httpd.service" to check whether your changes were
properly applied.

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.