[systemd-devel] Question about After/Before of services

WANG Chao wangchao19890207 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 01:04:06 PDT 2012

On 08/09/2012 01:59 PM, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
> On 08/09/2012 06:28 AM, WANG Chao wrote:
>> Hi, list
>>
>> As you see in the subject, this question comes from a lazy guy like me,
>> who doesn't read the systemd source code at all :P
> Hey, no need to read the source code :). Please see the man page:
> http://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd.unit.html
>
> Zbyszek

Hi,

Trust me, I've read that section hundreds of times. I'm actually not
that lazy ;)

I come up with this confusion when I configure a service A 'wants' and
'after' B. I thought they should be started one by one in a exact order,
but actually they intersected and run in parallel.

Anyway, thanks for the rely.

>> The silly question is if A is configured to 'Wants:B' and 'After:B',
>> will A start exactly after B is finished or after B is started?
>>
>> If A is started after B is started (still parallel somehow), is there
>> anything I can do to control A to be started right after B is done?

Thanks,
WANG Chao